RLS Construction Group LLC is investing nearly $1.5 million to buy and remodel the former Hampden Township municipal building at 230 S. Sporting Hill Road.
- The new location in Cumberland County will allow the company to consolidate operations that are currently at two locations, said Bob Schopfer, owner, president and CEO of RLS Construction.
- The company has an office at 415 St. Johns Church Road in Camp Hill and a storage facility on Cameron Street in Harrisburg.
- The new location has room for both office and storage, though it requires renovations, Schopfer said. He expects the work to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2022.
- Hampden Township officials voted to sell their municipal building earlier this year after moving to a new space.
The breakdown: The company is paying about $1 million for the real estate and about $500,000 for the renovations, Schopfer said.
- The Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority is lending $400,000 toward the project. The authority’s 15-year loan carries an interest rate of 2.5% that will reset once.
- RLS has committed to retaining 18 jobs and creating six more over the next three years, according to the Wolf administration.
- The company — a service-disabled veteran-owned small business — works primarily as a contractor on federal projects, Schopfer said. It’s biggest clients include the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.