McNees Wallace & Nurick has launched HR Influenced, a subsidiary that will offer HR consulting services under the umbrella of the Harrisburg-based law firm, which also houses a labor and employment legal practice.
- The new venture is headed by Kristen Evans, an experienced HR executive.
- Her career includes stints at York-based PACE Resources, Cintas, Harrisburg-based developer Triple Crown Corp. and Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
- Evans worked most recently as a managing director in Harrisburg for Granite HR Consulting, a subsidiary of Lancaster-based law firm Saxton & Stump.
- “We have long had our eye on developing a company that could serve the increasingly complex human resource management needs of our clients and employers, both regionally and nationally,” McNees chair Brian Jackson said in a statement. “With Kristen, we believe we have found the right person to lead this important new venture for our firm.”
The background: HR Influenced is not the first offshoot for McNees, has offices across Pennsylvania, as well as in Maryland, Ohio and Washington, D.C.
- Other subsidiaries include communications firm Apollo PR, nonprofit-focused consulting firm Helix Strategies and government-focused consulting firm Keystone Municipal Solutions.
- Services from HR Influenced include recruitment, leadership coaching, workforce analysis and succession planning.
The trend: Regional law firms have been creating subsidiaries in a range of areas, including marketing, communications, HR and lobbying.