Everence Federal Credit Union, a Lancaster-based credit union, has named Kristen Heisey as its new president and CEO effective June 27.
- Heisey worked most recently as a senior vice president overseeing marketing, communications, data analytics, client experience and product innovation at York-based PeoplesBank, which she joined in 2018. She worked before that in leadership roles for senior living provider Messiah Lifeways, based in Mechanicsburg.
- Heisey also has worked at PSECU, The Wolf Organization and the York County Transportation Authority, aka rabbittransit, during her 25-year career.
- “Her leadership will continue to accelerate the trajectory of the successful community development through values-based banking that our financial services staff and previous leadership has been traversing,” Everence board chair Kevin Ressler said in a statement.
- The credit union’s previous CEO was Matthew Gehman, who stepped down in May to pursue other opportunities, according to Everence spokesperson Madalyn Metzger.
The background: Everence FCU has more than 21,500 members and assets of roughly $344.3 million, according to the National Credit Union Administration.
- It operates under the umbrella of Indiana-based Everence Financial, which offers an array of financial services and education.