A prime Carlisle Pike property has changed hands.
- A New York-based partnership paid nearly $5.5 million in June for the former home of N.B. Liebman Furniture at 4705 Carlisle Pike in Hampden Township, according to Cumberland County deed records.
- The site — which was owned by members of the Liebman family — was once eyed as a potential site for a Lidl grocery store.
- But now, another retailer could be headed to the 132,000 square-foot building.
Who: Raymour & Flanigan, which has been expanding in Central Pennsylvania.
- A company spokesperson was not able to confirm any details by press time.
- However, the partnership that bought the Liebman property — Mechanicsburg Carlisle Pike LLC — has the same address as partnerships that purchased other local properties now hosting Raymour & Flanigan stores: 7248 Morgan Road in Liverpool, New York, which is a corporate office for the company.
- Raymour & Flanigan also is advertising a hiring event for a Mechanicsburg store, though the store address is not listed.
- The retailer is opening stores in Harrisburg, Hanover and York in buildings formerly used by Wolf Furniture.
- Raymour & Flanigan has more than 130 stores in the Northeast, including more than 25 in Pennsylvania.
The background: N.B. Liebman closed in April after owner Charles Liebman retired.
- The retailer’s property had been listed by NAI CIR partner Nik Sgagias.